napowrimo day 11

haha, the first one is ttly based off of a dream i had that was so extremely blatantly metaphorisoijdfdskfjl i just made fun of my subconscious for days. the second one is a ballad [read:bluh] detailing what's happening in a picture and it needs better lines and about two moar stanzas. Alsoneedtofigureoutwhattenseiwantahaha.


Hello,
it’s been a good while
since I skipped that ride
(to stargaze, ha!)
and you know
the view is still better
here.

-

At twilight when the sun’s just set,
fatigue not yet within,
a day fairy and night owl meet
to weigh the better kin.

“I eat sunbeams in acorn bowls,
“I prank beast, fish, and fowl,
“I plant seeds where the ground’s without,”
says the fairy to the owl.

“I flap my wings without the flap,
“I live in high eyrie,
“I maintain the meadow’s food chain,”
says the owl to the fairy.

And so it went beneath the dusk,
until, hearing the fuss,
the lace and feather wings were chomped
by a clandestine puss.

0 comments: